Regiment Infanterie Johan Willem Friso
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Regiment Infanterie Johan Willem Friso|
|Branch||Royal Netherlands Army|
One HQ staff company
The Regiment Johan Willem Friso is a line infantry regiment of the Royal Netherlands Army. Named after Johan Willem Friso of Orange-Nassau, it is the oldest and most senior regiment in the current order of battle. The regiment currently serves in the mechanized infantry role as 44 Armoured Infantry Battalion (44Painfbat) as part of 43 Gemechaniseerde (Mechanized) Brigade.
- Tiendaagse Veldtocht 1831
- Citadel van Antwerpen 1832
- Java en Sumatra 1946-1949
- During seizure of French Embassy in the Hague - securing Schiphol Amsterdam Airport 1974
- Train hijacking in Wijster - securing perimeter 1975
- Train hijacking in Beilen - securing perimeter 1977
- Lebanon - UNIFIL 1979-1985
- Stabilisation Force Sfor 9 nov 2000-may 2001 Bugojno Bosnia Herzegovina
44 Armoured Infantry Battalion JWF is deployed[when?] in Uruzgan, Afghanistan.
|This European military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|